Open every day of the year
Summer Hours (Mar 1 - Oct 31)
Admissions Open 9am to 5pm
Grounds close at 6pm
Ages 12-64: $17
Ages 65+: $14
Ages 3-11: $12
2 and Under: Free
2017 Free Days:
11/3, 11/6, 11/16
Denver Zoo offers the wildest birthday parties in town, without the hassle, that are purrfect for children ages 2-12 and will delight more mature guests as well. Many options are available for all ages and include party space, private live animal encounters. Birthday celebrations at Denver Zoo provide the opportunity for guests to connect with furry and feathered friends that they will never forget.
*Please note discounted attraction vouchers can also be added on. For the carousel, all riders must have a voucher. Riders under 42 inches must be accompanied by a standing adult and there is only one rider per animal. Standing adults (adults standing next to a child on an animal) are free.
For the train, riders under 42 inches must be accompanied by a paid adult. Riders 2 years of age or younger ride for free with a paid adult.
For Lorikeets, children must be accompanied by an adult in the exhibit however there is no official age requirement to feed.
To book your package please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 days ahead of your selected visit. Package payments are due upon booking and you can add on extras until 3 days ahead of your party. Once payment is complete we will leave all items for pick up at Guest Services at the main entrance. Admission and tokens are good for 1 year from date of issue and there are no refunds or exchanges.
We are hosting birthdays from 10:00 am-noon, 1:00 pm-3:00 pm and 3:30 pm-5:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays. The Party Animal Package is geared for children ages 4-11 years old and does include a party room for up to 25 guests for 2 hours. We do all of the set up and clean up! The package includes the following:
*Parents and siblings of guests (member or non-member) are more than welcome to enjoy the Zoo during the party however everyone that is present for the duration of the party is considered a guest. Additional children can be added on for $15 and price will include all items above. Adults who would like to attend the party are $12.75.
A minimum notice of 3 weeks is required to book your party. A signed contract and 75% deposit ($525 non-members/$487.50 members) are due within 1 week of receiving your contract. The remaining 25% balance ($175 non-members/ $162.50 members) is due 7 days ahead of your party. We will require a final count which will also be due 7 days in advance of party date. Please note that admission tickets and attraction tokens are good for 1 year from date of issue. Parties are held rain or shine.
The birthday family is able to come in 30 minutes prior to their party time to meet the host and drop off any items and see the room before meeting their guests at the main gate. We recommend you tell your guests to meet you 15 minutes ahead of your party time so everyone can enter at the same time. As a point of reference please have your guests meet at the “Zoo map” in the middle of the entry plaza. Our staff will arrive with a cart to help escort party guests to the party room once so everyone has arrived and will get everyone settled. In the event of late arrivals you may leave party tickets at Guest Services.
For the first 30 minutes our staff will run your animal meet and greet where your guests will be treated to some of our animals stars! Following this presentation your guests will have the rest of the time to use the room for activities, cake and presents following the presentation. Once your party concludes you may use the cart to carry items to your car to store. As we have multiple parties back to back we are unable to allow extra time to be added on and we do not have space to store your party items.
The Zoo will provide water and lemonade, compostable small plates, forks, spoons, napkins, a cutting knife as well as have a lighter available for candles. Please note Denver Zoo does not allow any outside food or beverage other than the birthday cake. We do however offer a variety of options for food and beverages from our onsite catering team.
Please contact Ashley Van Veen for any catering questions and needs at Ashleyvanveen@kmssa.com.
We look forward to hearing from you and hosting your special day! Please let us know if you need anything in the meantime.