Denver Zoo Scholarship Fund
The first scholarships were awarded in 2001. Since then over 394,497 youth have benefited from Denver Zoo scholarships with over $1,880,000 in awards to families and schools who would otherwise be unable to participate in Zoo programs.
Qualify for Denver Zoo Scholarship Fund
Please note: In order to qualify for a scholarship, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- Denver Zoo reserves the right to ask for supporting documentation and may ask as part of the registration process.
- Public Schools – if the federal free and reduced lunch ratio published by the Colorado Department of Education is at or above 40%.
- Private and Independent Schools – if the percentage of students on scholarship is at or above 40%
- Individuals or families – Primary Basis for Scholarship Awards to Individuals/Families is the participation in government assistance programs and the household income level.
- Community Organizations – utilizes federal funding support, or if a local community organization’s audience includes children from particular schools, those schools’ percentages of free/reduced meal participants may be used. Such organizations include libraries and recreation centers.
What can Scholarship be used for?
- Youth Education Programs - Hosted at Denver Zoo including classes, assemblies, workshops, guided tours, camps, career programs, and Bunk with the Beasts overnight programs
- Outreach Education Programs –Held off Zoo grounds including classes, assemblies, after-school programs, community booths with animals and service-learning projects. Outreach programs take place at schools and other community venues, including senior centers, nursing homes, libraries and festivals.
- Self-Guided Field Trips - School Groups visiting August - March. Please note: Scholarship is not available April-July.
- Transportation Fees - To Denver Zoo or your location (if outside of SCFD counties), to partake in education programs.
Help Support Denver Zoo Scholarships
- “The Zoo is not just entertainment -- for our family, it is health-sustaining on many levels.” Our community benefits when people become excited about education and conservation. Families benefit by sharing learning experiences and spending time together in a dynamic environment.
- Support Denver Zoo Scholarship Fund
- Corporations or foundations that wish to support Denver Zoo's Scholarship Fund please email email@example.com.