Bring The Zoo to You - Outreach Booths for Fairs and Festivals
Do you have a fair, festival, or special event that includes booth-style interactions for your guests? Denver Zoo reaches beyond its boundaries and into the community with dynamic, interactive booth experiences featuring live animals, bio-facts (such as skins and bones) and/or promotional materials. Participants engage in one-on-one conversations with our educators about the animals and biofacts they see and touch, and experience up-close encounters with our live animals.
Due to the nature of live animals, Denver Zoo Outreach cannot guarantee which animals are at any class. Animals in programs may eat nuts. Be aware of allergies
Booth area should be far away from loud noise sources (es. Performance stages, firetrucks with loud sirens, etc.) There may be circumstances where Denver Zoo Outreach deems animal presence as unfit, and booths may or may not include animals or biofacts due to weather constraints (65-85 degrees F is acceptable for most animals).
Denver Zoo Outreach space requirements:
- Ground level or elevator access.
- An unloading and parking area close to the program location, with access for a rolling cart.
- At least 1 large table (6-8 feet preferred).
- An adult representative in the room during the program.
- Some classes have additional requirements, such as extra tables or space.
- No other activities during both setup and presentation.
- No food or drink.
- No other animals.
- Presenter will arrive 15-30 minutes prior to setup.
- Programs should take place indoors unless otherwise discussed with the Logistics Specialist. If event is outside and there is no shade available, we can supply a tent for an additional fee.