Bring The Zoo to You – Outreach Senior Safari
These programs are for audiences such as residents of nursing homes, senior centers, assisted-living facilities, and independent living retirement communities. Programs celebrate the wonder and awe of animals and inspire individuals to respect, value and care for the natural world. Live touchable animals, incredible bio-facts (animal skins and bones) and dynamic presenters create one-of-a-kind sensory experiences for the senior community.
Senior Safari: Backyard Wildlife (Adult)
See, touch, and learn about animals that live right in your backyard. Participants will come up close and personal with animals they’ve seen their entire lives, but have never had a chance to touch.
Senior Safari: Animals Around the World (Adult)
See, touch, and learn about animals and their habitats from near and far. Denver Zoo may bring animals from as close as Colorado, to as far as Australia!
Due to the nature of live animals, Denver Zoo Outreach cannot guarantee which animals are at any program.
Animals in programs may eat nuts. Be aware of allergies.
Denver Zoo Outreach space requirements:
- Ground level or elevator access.
- An unloading and parking area close to the program location, with access for a rolling cart.
- At least 1 large table (6-8 feet preferred).
- An adult representative in the room during the program.
- Some classes have additional requirements, such as extra tables or space.
- No other activities during both setup and presentation.
- No food or drink.
- No other animals.
- Presenter will arrive 15-30 minutes prior to setup.
- Programs should take place indoors unless otherwise discussed with the Logistics Specialist.