Added keeper talks, demonstrations and entertainment scheduled March 25 – April 9
This spring break, embark on a "staycation" with a visit to Denver Zoo for Spring Break: Journey to Asia. To celebrate the opening of the Zoo’s new Amur tiger exhibit, The Edge, the Zoo will host extra spring break activities, such as talks, demonstrations and entertainment that emphasize the various, unique regions of Asia. These activities run from March 25 to April 9, as follows, and are free with admission.
Keeper Talks and Demos
- March 25 – April 9, 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Denver Zoo has added daily zookeeper talks that focus on its animals species that are native to Asia, including cinereous vultures, orangutans, greater one-horned rhinos, as well as the Asian Pavilions residents at Toyota Elephant Passage. Don’t miss the opportunity to be among the first to see the Zoo’s Amur tiger keeper talks and demonstrations at The Edge and get closer than ever to these magnificent cats, including Nikita, the Zoo's new female tiger!
- Amur tiger keeper talk, daily at 11:00 a.m.
- Amur tiger demo, daily at 3 p.m.
- Asian Pavilion keeper talk, Saturdays & Mondays at 10:30 a.m.
- Cinereous vulture keeper talk, Saturdays at 1:30 p.m.
- Langurs keeper talk, Sundays at 10:30 a.m.
- Rhinoceros hornbill keeper toss & talk, Mondays at 1:30 p.m.
- Orangutan keeper talk, Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Asian songbirds bug toss & talk, Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Red-Crowned cranes keeper talk, Wednesdays at 1:30 p.m.
- Przewalski’s horse talk, Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Bactrian camel talk, Thursdays at 1:30 p.m.
- Greater one-horned rhino talk, Fridays at 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Ask the Expert: Creating an Exhibit
- March 25 – April 9, daily at 10:45 a.m. and noon
- The Zoo’s horticulture team will give daily talks about what is involved in designing exhibits that look like the natural habitats of Amur tigers and Asian elephants, as modeled in The Edge and Toyota Elephant Passage.
- Creating an Exhibit: The Edge, daily at 10:45 a.m.
- Creating an Exhibit: Toyota Elephant Passage, daily at noon
- March 25 – April 9, daily at 1 p.m.
- For young conservationists of the future, bring the kiddos to meet a Denver Zoo conservationist and learn about the Zoo’s field work with vultures and other species in Mongolia.
- Saturdays and Sundays during Spring Break, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Guests who attended Boo At The Zoo or Zoo Lights, both Presented by Your Hometown Toyota Stores, last year will recognize a familiar face during Spring Break. The Zoo’s pumpkin/ice carver will return to carve tropical fruit! In addition, cultural dancers and musicians will dazzle guests with special performances.
- Fruit Carving, Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tunas Mekar (indigenous music of Bali), Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m.
- Filipino Tinikling Dancers, Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m.
- Mudra Dane Studio, Saturdays only at 1 p.m.
- Chinese Lion Dancers, Saturdays and Sundays at 2 p.m.
Guests are welcome to share Spring Break photos on social media using the hashtags #DZTigers and #ILoveDenZoo. All daily activities are included with regular admission or membership. For more information, and to purchase tickets, please visit Denver Zoo’s website.