Self-Guided Field Trips
A trip to the zoo offers life science learning experiences year-round with a variety of programs. Various animal feedings and demonstrations are included in your admission. Join us for a day at Denver Zoo.
We love teachers here at Denver Zoo. As our gift to you, if you are a teacher booking a field trip, please download a coupon for one free visit.
Field Trip Information
Plan Your Visit
Download our Field trip planning guide (pdf) to ensure you have a great day!
School Group Eligibility
To be eligible for discounted school group admission rates a group must:
- Have status as an accredited public, private, or charter school in session.
- Be a preschool following an academic curriculum, or other school-based program (ie. Home school)
- Have a minimum of 10 students.
- If you do not meet these requirements, you will have to pay general admission.
- Private, community-based groups do NOT quality but may be eligible for discounted group sales rates. For more info: email@example.com
PRE-PAYMENT: Reservation must be received and confirmed at least three weeks prior to your visit.
- Check the box to indicate you wish to pre-pay.
- If you select pay with credit card, you will then receive an email with your online payment link that must be paid 2 weeks in advance of your visit date.
- If you select pay by check you will be emailed confirmation materials that you will send in with your check, payment must be received 2 weeks in advance of your visit date.
- Once payment is received you will receive your wristband tickets.
PAY-AT-THE-GATE: Reservation must be received and confirmed at least two weeks prior to your visit.
- Check the box on the request form to indicate you do not wish to pre-pay.
- When you arrive at the zoo, please have an exact count of your students, teachers, and adult chaperones and be prepared to pay in one transaction.
Compliance with our policy is required to remain eligible for Discount School Group Rates.
One Page Chaperone Guide (pdf)
- One adult per 10 students is required for all groups (ECE -12th grade)
- School staff are admitted free with staff ID
- One adult per special needs student is admitted free
- Chaperones must be at least 21 years old
- Chaperones must stay with their assigned group at all times
- Adults bringing siblings/babies in strollers are welcome but may not be counted as chaperones and must pay full admission or use their Membership. Extra children must also pay admission or use their membership.
- Adults and children entering the zoo before or after the school group must pay full admission when they arrive (or they may use their membership)
- Adult chaperones paid for as part of the school group receive discounted admission rate. Adults paying separately must pay full admission or use their membership.
Arriving at the Zoo
- Buses enter the east parking lot through the Bus Entrance off 23rd avenue
- Parking is Free
- August – (early) April and June - July: Check in and enter at Main Gate
- (mid) April – May: Check in and enter at the seasonal School Group Gate (located in EAST parking lot)
- Please organize students into supervised groups with their adult/teacher chaperones (1:10 child to adult ratio is required)
- Lead teacher must alert security staff member at the gate to the name of your school, and everyone should show their wristband (students, adult chaperones and teachers).
- We recommend that everyone (students, adult chaperones, and teachers) all put on their wristbands before arriving at the zoo.