Gifts That Cost You Nothing Now

Yes, you can make an impact on the future of animals and their habitats by simply signing your name!

Gifts in a Will

A gift in your will is one of the easiest ways to create your legacy of wildlife conservation and connecting people to the wonder of animals and nature.

Dollar sign with a slash

No Cost

Costs you nothing now to give in this way

Arrow in a cirlcle


You can alter your gift or change your mind at any time and for any reason

Paw Print and Heart

Lasting Impact

Your gift will create your legacy in wildlife conservation now and for generations to come

Four Simple “No-Cost-Now” Ways to Give in Your Will

General Gift In Your Will

Your gift will create your legacy in wildlife conservation now and for generations to come.

Residual Gift In Your Will

Leaves what is left over after all other debts, taxes, and other expenses have been paid.

Specific Gift In Your Will

Leaves a specific dollar amount, percentage, fraction, or specific items (collections, art, books, jewelry, and so on).

Contingent Gift In Your Will

Leaves a stated amount or share only if a spouse, family member or other heir/beneficiary does not live longer than you. In other words, your gift is contingent upon whether or not they survive after you.

Gifts by Beneficiary Designation

It’s easy to put your bank accounts, retirement funds, savings bonds, and more to use in creating a world impacted by Denver Zoo — and it costs nothing now.

By naming Denver Zoo as a beneficiary of these assets, you power our approach to conservation around the world and community engagement that will make a lasting impact.

Piggy bank with dollar coin
Reduce or eliminate taxes on retirement assets
Dollar coin with downwards arrow
Reduce or avoid probate fees
Dollar sign with a slash
No cost to you now to give
paw print and hear
Create your legacy with Denver Zoo

To name Denver Zoo as a beneficiary of your retirement plan, contact your bank or insurance company to see whether a change of beneficiary form must be completed.

How to Change a Beneficiary Designation

  • 1

    Login to your account or request a Change of Beneficiary Form from your custodian (the business holding your money or assets).

  • 2

    Follow the links to change your beneficiary or fill out the form.

  • 3

    Be sure to spell the name of our organization properly: Denver Zoological Foundation

  • 4

    Include our tax identification number: 84-0502539

  • 5

    Save or submit your information online or return your Change of Beneficiary Form.

A Gift of Retirement Funds (Beneficiary of Your Retirement Plan)

You can simply name Denver Zoo as a beneficiary of your retirement plan to making a difference so we can share our passion for inspiring communities to save wildlife for future generations in our backyards and around the globe.

A Gift of Funds Remaining in Your Bank Accounts, Brokerage Accounts or Certificate of Deposit (CD)

This is one of the easiest gifts to give and one of the most useful in accomplishing your philanthropic goals. The next time you visit your bank, you can name Denver Zoo (Tax ID: 84-0502539) as the beneficiary of a checking or savings bank account, a certificate of deposit (CD), or a brokerage account. When you do, you’ll take a powerful step toward impacting the conservation of the world’s environments for generations to come.

Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) Residuals

What remains in a donor advised fund is governed by the contract you completed when you created your fund. When you name Denver Zoo as a “successor” of your account or a portion of your account value, you make a positive impact on species and habitats here and worldwide.

Marty and Jeanne McCune

Marty and Jeanne McCune

Marty and Jeanne McCune want to be a part of, as Jeanne says, “the Zoo’s commitment to make the world a better place.”

Need assistance? I’m here to help.

Headshot Josie Stewart

Josie Stewart

Gift Planning Manager

This information is not intended as legal, accounting, or other professional advice. For assistance in planning your legacy gift, please consult a lawyer and/or financial advisor for professional advice.