We have modified our food and beverage service to provide you with utmost safety and peace of mind. In addition to complying with all government-mandated COVID-19 safety procedures with regard to the preparation and service of all food and beverage items, we have put the following practices in place:
- Cash will not be accepted for payment at Denver Zoo. To limit person-to-person contact, Denver Zoo will be restricting payments to cards only and will not be accepting cash. Guests paying with debit or credit cards will be asked to swipe their own cards.
- Grab-and-go food and beverage options are available throughout the Zoo. For a list of open restaurants and menus click here.
- In order to minimize lines and provide for safe physical distancing, mobile ordering is available and encouraged through the Denver Zoo website.
- Outdoor dining areas throughout the Zoo are open have been redesigned to meet safe physical distancing guidelines. Indoor restaurant seating is closed.
- All food and beverage items are pre-packaged with tamper-resistant labeling.
- Drinks are available in bottles and cans.
- Guests are permitted to bring their own food and beverage. No glass containers or alcohol may be brought in to the Zoo by guests. Guests are encouraged to follow social distancing guidelines while picnicking on Zoo grounds.
Denver Zoo’s primary gift shop, Kibongi Market will remain open with the following safety modifications in place:
- One-way traffic flow through the store has been instituted
- Hand sanitizer is available
- Displays altered to minimize touch and guest proximity
- Online shop and shipping options are always available